2am


I'd tell you about misery, love,
And how it rains here every night
And how I sit at the window to watch
The monotony distract me to thoughts
Of the world, but mostly, my world, you;
And I'd tell you about the things I wish to say, love
And how the sun kissed puddles
Remind me of broken reflections we'd make in them
Until one of us tried to push the other,
Laughing, playful, maybe even happy;
And I'd tell you about the nights I couldn't sleep,
And you seemed just a call away then,
But I haven't slept any better,
And you're a thousand miles away now;
But most of all, I'd tell you about the 2ams
The sad, broken 2ams of yore, and now,
When you'd say, like our own little tradition,
"Nothing good happens after 2am,"
And I'd whisper, as I still do, but to the rain now,
"And I love you."

2am
Written by Yash Raj Talan

[note to self: you shall always love the rain]

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?