31st december //letters to the walls//


Dear 31 December,

Hello, friend. In the search for our own design, we have come full circle again. We're crossing the finish line, together. I didn't think I'd make it. Did you?

I'm breaking our little tradition. It wasn't a very good tradition, anyway. No tears tonight. No excessive sleeping because 'it's just another day' and 'I don't feel well.' No waking up at 3am to see how many missed calls I got. It's only fair. A new year calls for change.

Every month-end, we run short of money, so we cut back. Every year-end, we run short of time, but we don't give up, do we? We hope. We look at our private moments, and we think, there's more to life. There always is.

But whenever we meet, why do I feel that we're a miscalculation? It just doesn't add up. Yet, here we are. Looking back to see my triumphs and missteps, miseries and regrets, jolly moments and their subsequent hasty farewells.

Well, life never was a straightforward answer, anyway.

So I'll still mark you on the calendar. I'll still cancel plans. And I'll still let it mark a new beginning, because it always is.

Fare thee well. See you not-too soon!

31st december //letters to the walls//
Written by Yash Raj Talan

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?

2am