one day


​One day. We base our lives on one days. We dream, and we promise, and we live for one days.

I didn't have a one day. Hell, at one point I was certain I didn't have any more days. 9 and out of place. 10 and friendless. 11 and too quiet. 12 and walk home alone. 13 and don't know how to talk two sentences without messing them up. 14 and a slight waste of space. 15 and heartbroken and want to die. 16 and no idea what to do in life. 17 and hurts so bad I don't feel anything else. 18 and stuck, with no idea why.

I don't really remember it being just a phase.

There are happy parts in every story, but I think I only have the parts where I'm busy and pretending it is all fun. Somehow, it's all disappointing when it needs to matter. I'm all disappointing when it needs to matter.

But to the world, nothing matters. I'm smiling. I greet back. I get grades. I help out. I exist. I am. They don't care about one days. They probably don't even care about yesterdays. All they want is to lie and enjoy their made-up truths.

All they want is another lie.

one day
Written by Yash Raj Talan


[note to self: one tree hill got it right, after all. "It's the oldest story in the world. One day you're seventeen and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And that someday is yesterday. And this is your life."]

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?

2am