the final masterpiece (or, how to be a nihilistic artist)


I painted the lips blue:
The calm of water,
And lack of oxygen.

I coloured the head red:
Filled with life,
Full with blood.

I drew sharp lines,
Starting from the veins of the wrists
And running up to the crevices of my elbows.

I stained the legs purple:
Patterns rising up to the thighs, unveiling struggles,
And marks of quiet pain.

I covered the heart almost black
To highlight the reason for all breaths,
And to reveal a void in its place.

I coated the skin in grey
To add the finishing touch,
And to balance the blood.

And when I was done with my masterpiece,
The one the world will inevitably remember me by,
I painted my eyes black,
And left the colours to dry,
And smiled at my creation: My Death.

the final masterpiece
(or, how to be a nihilistic artist)
Written by Yash Raj Talan

[note to self: may your art always save you]

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?

2am