i don't know when i fell for your music


I don't know when I fell for your music.

So many words were skipped in the playlist of life.

We left worlds un-described, so they crumbled into memory, cocooned by the natural memory eraser: life. There was comfort in not saying, no truth in saying now anyway. It was late, no, too late. Far too late.

So many lost songs, midnight sparks of eureka, half-asleep moments of revelation, all remarkable points of life's elevation: when this energy you feel in your body makes you feel alive all over. A truth in plain sight, revealed.

The intimacy of night makes the heart revolt against its inclinations of day. It happens slowly at first, and then all at once, and before you know it, the night is your new inclination. A road just meant for the wanderers. The seekers.

What did we seek? What did we skip? Where did we slip?

I should know, but then, sadly, I don't remember how we got here. I only remember wandering away, not wandering to.

I don't remember not seeking, though. I only remember forgetting. Forgetting to arrive, forgetting to stay, forgetting to leave, but still be left. Forgetting being left. Forgetting leavings.

Maybe, on one of those days, I forgot to tell you I loved you. Maybe, on one of those days, I really, really wanted to remember. Maybe, on one of those days, I did remember.

And then, I just couldn't forget.

i don't know when i fell for your music
Written by Yash Raj Talan


[note to self: may you always find your song]

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?

2am