things i'd rather not say


There are things I would say,
But mostly, there are things I would never
Even if it's something I want
Something I can ask
Something I need:
A touch of love,
A kind compliment,
A smile.

You see, I make do with imperfect,
Nay, I am too cozy with imperfect:
I have stopped resisting it,
Stopped trying to change it;
I have, instead, done the most bizarre-
I have accepted it with all my heart;
Imperfect is sad, imperfect is pathetic,
It's the opposite of perfect and aesthetic,
But imperfect is still better, for reality's sake,
It's not all sad, it's not all fake:
It's simple and it's horrible,
But it's real and it's plausible.
Now, I know the world
Better than to ask what I know I'd be denied with
And I know my reach is shorter than you'd think
So I just take the world for what it is:
A machine where I'm just nuts.

things I'd rather not say
Written by Yash Raj Talan

[note to self: live more breathless]

Popular posts from this blog

excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude

Did We Score A Goal?

2am